sabrinadragonlady

TheseWeirdDreams book corner

I'm a 21 year old student and avid reader. I've always loved books, when I was a kid it was Enid Blyton and then when I was older I started reading romance, specially historical romance, thanks to Johanna Lindsey and her novels that kept me awake all night. To this day historical romance is my favorite genre, but I adore Paranormal Romance too. I like contemporary romance too, I love well done graphic novels and I read Erotica on occasion. I'm rather critique with books, I believe we're in times of abundance, and that's a great thing, but it doesn't always mean we have a lot of quality. So I spend a lot of time trying to find that new special gem. I think I can always give a book a try but I can't always like it. I like to share what I have to say about books with others. I read in English and Spanish (which is my native language) and I love to find new books to add to my long list of reads.

Slaughterhouse-Five
Kurt Vonnegut
Deliver Me from Temptation
Tes Hilaire
Enraptured
Elisabeth Naughton
Croak (Croak, #1)
Gina Damico
The Darkest Surrender - Gena Showalter This was a bad one. I want to say that I gave it two stars because I skipped a lot of parts just to read how the overall story was developing for all the characters.

I'm so disappointed with this one. I don't know what's the obsession with harpies, like if they were the LOTU. I just don't find them all that interesting. If they are used to show strong female characters, we had that with Anya whom I really like, or even Scarlet (not a harpy). And even then, harpies are not just bad ass females they are just raised to be bad, and when the author tries to make them "bad" but "deep down" good, I just lose it because it makes no sense.

Harpies see having slaves ok, aparently? Am I the only one bothered by this? The story starts with Kaia wanting another harpie's consort and slave, which leads her into a lot of trouble. Trouble she causes, completely her fault, and I don't see thousands (hundreds maybe? I do not remember) of years later any change, like she didn't learn anything.

But it's not really a bad pairing, they both deserve each other. Strider is as narcissistic as Kaia "I'm so hot" "Look AT ME" "I'm awesome". And I expected so much more.

One of my biggest issue is the fact that this harpy had sex with Paris, and then when she goes for a second round Paris cannot deliver she has an encounter outside Paris's bedroom with Strider and she suddenly wants him... OK. First of all, how could someone who knows that Paris is cursed with the demon Promiscuity have sex with him? And she's not just a dazzled human, no, she's a really old, experienced harpy that also knows Paris is in love with a woman he can't have, that she's just sloppy second( ten, thousand...) because Paris doesn't give a fu*k about who he sleeps with. And, not only that, the worst is that Paris is Strider's friend. Akward much, I don't know what other's think but I wouldn't go after someone's friend after I had sex with them, that's a nice reminder to have forever...

So in general, just plain bad. I hope there's no future plans to pair all that family of harpies with the Lords.