sabrinadragonlady

TheseWeirdDreams book corner

I'm a 21 year old student and avid reader. I've always loved books, when I was a kid it was Enid Blyton and then when I was older I started reading romance, specially historical romance, thanks to Johanna Lindsey and her novels that kept me awake all night. To this day historical romance is my favorite genre, but I adore Paranormal Romance too. I like contemporary romance too, I love well done graphic novels and I read Erotica on occasion. I'm rather critique with books, I believe we're in times of abundance, and that's a great thing, but it doesn't always mean we have a lot of quality. So I spend a lot of time trying to find that new special gem. I think I can always give a book a try but I can't always like it. I like to share what I have to say about books with others. I read in English and Spanish (which is my native language) and I love to find new books to add to my long list of reads.

Slaughterhouse-Five
Elisabeth Naughton
Croak (Croak, #1)
Gina Damico
SPOILER ALERT!
Retribution - Sherrilyn Kenyon Let me start with a simple WOW. Because what else could I say? I'm a big fan of these series, I really am. And there is to say that I'm not too good with changes so at first I was a bit reluctant about this whole new context. All the native legends and new characters, but I warmed up to them pretty quickly, if there's one thing to say about Sherrilyn is her ability to create all this different characters and make you connect with them on deep level, even the bad guys. It's almost ridiculous... like how we ended up loving Stryker.
I liked Sasha before but now I'm kind of in love with him, I really am. I'm looking forward to read his book. He's a lot of fun.
About the couple, it was a beautiful story; I'm a sucker for the whole 'meant to be' thing. And Sherrilyn played it well. I'm not one for the bad ass heroines, but I really liked Abigail, her strong personality, and of course I adored Sundown since his first appearance on Zarek's book. Another thing the author is great on is creating these alpha protective males that we all love.
Now, as if the book wasn't enough, we get this extra scene, about the birth of Tory and Ash's baby. It was quite good, even better than what I had in mind, even though it was short but I understand that. The shocking part (and I'm betting not only for me) is Artemis delivering the baby? Oh my... While I read I was thinking ‘Oh fuck, she's going to do something to the baby’, but she really sounded a bit different. Maybe it's Nick? I liked to see that she acted human, but I don't put my hopes on her. I don't think I'm never going to be able to forgive her for what she did to Acheron. My sadistic, vindictive side wants to see her suffer; to taste some of her medicine. For all she has lived she still has a lot to see, to learn. So maybe one day I will accept her somehow. Being that said, I don't like the idea of her being close to Nick. At all... but maybe we'll get some of what's going on there on the next book, which of course I'm looking forward too.