sabrinadragonlady

TheseWeirdDreams book corner

I'm a 21 year old student and avid reader. I've always loved books, when I was a kid it was Enid Blyton and then when I was older I started reading romance, specially historical romance, thanks to Johanna Lindsey and her novels that kept me awake all night. To this day historical romance is my favorite genre, but I adore Paranormal Romance too. I like contemporary romance too, I love well done graphic novels and I read Erotica on occasion. I'm rather critique with books, I believe we're in times of abundance, and that's a great thing, but it doesn't always mean we have a lot of quality. So I spend a lot of time trying to find that new special gem. I think I can always give a book a try but I can't always like it. I like to share what I have to say about books with others. I read in English and Spanish (which is my native language) and I love to find new books to add to my long list of reads.

Slaughterhouse-Five
Elisabeth Naughton
Croak (Croak, #1)
Gina Damico
The Locker Room - Amy Lane

This was unexpectedly good. Really, a beautiful, sometimes bittersweet, story. I wished more people read stories like this, to learn or just to have a glimpse, even a fictional one like this, about the struggle of gay couples; also to see that at the end of the day it's just a couple, with two people loving each other no matter gender. It makes me really sad, because we know this stuff happens in real life, even more in sports with men, and the homophobia and machismo that's there, even now in the XXI century.