sabrinadragonlady

TheseWeirdDreams book corner

I'm a 21 year old student and avid reader. I've always loved books, when I was a kid it was Enid Blyton and then when I was older I started reading romance, specially historical romance, thanks to Johanna Lindsey and her novels that kept me awake all night. To this day historical romance is my favorite genre, but I adore Paranormal Romance too. I like contemporary romance too, I love well done graphic novels and I read Erotica on occasion. I'm rather critique with books, I believe we're in times of abundance, and that's a great thing, but it doesn't always mean we have a lot of quality. So I spend a lot of time trying to find that new special gem. I think I can always give a book a try but I can't always like it. I like to share what I have to say about books with others. I read in English and Spanish (which is my native language) and I love to find new books to add to my long list of reads.

Slaughterhouse-Five
Kurt Vonnegut
Deliver Me from Temptation
Tes Hilaire
Enraptured
Elisabeth Naughton
Croak (Croak, #1)
Gina Damico
The Darkest Kiss - Gena Showalter If anyone knows me a little bit, they'll know I don't read books, I inhale them. Not always, of course. It depends on the book. Or on the saga, in this case. If there's a big saga with a mayor theme but books that have a different couple each as the main protagonist, after reading the little intro and liking it, I'm in.

And this is simply what happened with this saga. I read the first book, The darkest night and it was OK, and good but nothing out of this world. Now this one had a big improvement. Maybe the writer was more into it(?) I cannot know, but we have a more profound description, a bigger panorama of what's going on with pretty much all the warriors. And that's amazing, I need to know more and have a good context to get into it. And it never fails when the author sort of starts another character's story in a previous book, it leaves you hanging there for more, wanting to know the character, already pining for them.

I was already interested in Lucien in the previous book and he didn't disappoint, neither did Anya. I liked their personalities and that rather unusual change of roles, of weak woman, strong male, I think we all are a bit bored of that... So mixing a bit of equality is always exiting.

I think the ending was too easy, perhaps, since Anya gave the key away, her got her memories back extremely fast and no one was hurt. Maybe it was just for these two and it won't be as easy for the others

In this book we get a glimpse of something that might be relevant in the future for one of the warriors, I can feel it, I don't know how it's gonna be played and I don't wanna be spoiled.